Viña la Reserva de Caliboro is a long term project driven by the knowledge that in order to achieve the highest levels of quality, every element has to be just perfect. To this end, in 1994, the largest recent import into Chile of the finest french wood cuttings of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot took place.
This clonal selection of the best material for the production of red wines with great ageing potential underwent a three years quarantine under the control of the Cilean authorities, and once liberated in 1997, was finally planted at Caliboro to become a unique collection in Chile, and the blend for Erasmo.
Through subsequent imports of further material “in vitro”, Caliboro’s clonal selection is growing with the addition of other grapes, such as:
- Mourvedre (imported from France, french origin)
- Petit Verdot (imported from France, french origin)
- Tempranillo (imported from France, spanish Rioja origin)
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo (imported from France, italian origin)
- Barbera (collected in Chile, italian origin)